Monday, August 2, 2010

the blue lark



what is "the blue lark"?: We are a "store" located inside of a "store", Ellie James Boutique on the square in Oxford, Mississippi. It really is the new thing...and even if it isn't Ellie James and I (Larkin) are certain it will be ;). We will continue to do trunk shows and holiday shows throughout the Fall & Spring.

what do we sell?: When friends visit the blue lark they will find that our boutique has an eclectic assortment of jewelry, gifts, tees, and a few home accessories that reflect the most fashionable styles and desired items THIS season. Very few of our items are "branded" items. Affordable prices to our every day consumer is our primary goal in selecting our wares.

why "the blue lark"?: One of my best friends, Chris Blue, and I have spent countless hours dreaming, planning and even going on buying trips to open our pretend store-the blue lark! So, when opportunity came and forced me to change my name and direction of business, I asked her for her blessing in using the name. The irony of it all, Chris is living my dream (wife and mom to 5 gorgeous children), and I am running with her dream (a store). The name is a combination of her last name and my first name.

why oxford, mississippi?: Why not? =) The long and short of it is, I did a festival in Oxford called Double Decker last spring with my friend Ellen. The funny thing is, the weekend was absolutely terrible--tornado warnings, terrible thunderstorm, festival put off by a day, etc. But the people I met over that weekend were sooo kind. One in particular. Lacey Franklin, the owner of Ellie James. You know when you just meet someone and it's just "easy". We joked and laughed about how much fun it would be if I came and rented out part of her space! Never actually really thinking it would actually happen. Well, one day in May when I was at the crossroads trying to figure out my "next steps"--I thought "why not?". After all, have you seen this little town? Adorable!

The rest is still unwritten.

2 comments:

  1. Larkin,
    Best of luck. I love the store name. Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lark,

    I love the new business name and the concept. I pray for success and progress with this new beginning!

    Christine
    Austin, TX

    ReplyDelete