Rush & Bid Day Baskets -Detailed Info & Frequently Asked Questions
The Blue Lark, located on the Courthouse Square in Oxford, Mississippi wants to be your gift headquarters for Rush, Bid Day, & just about any other occasion. We are here to lavish your beloved daughter as you send her into the Heart of Dixie! We send gifts the entire Rush week and on Bid Day or any other day! While, we have gifts with sorority letters on them, The Blue Lark specializes in "non-greek" practical & consumable products. YOUR cherished daughter will be getting her hearts fill of her greek letters during her pledge-ship. TRUST US! We lovingly create a basket full of bliss, filled with unique fashion accessories, adorable dorm room necessities, yummy candy treats. Or choose a gift card from a local restaurant or salon she will soon frequent.
Here's how it works. You have a couple of optons.
1. Fill out the form on the 'Ole Miss Gift Plan' tab, and one of our associates will contact you asap.
We recommend you set up a "Shopping Account"with us. See "Shopping Account"tab on facebook for details.
(THESE TABS SHOULD BE UP BY JULY 15th) UNTIL THEN....
2. Send an email to email@example.com with the below details.
*The subject of the email is the Rushees FIRST & LAST name.
For example: Gift for "Lisa Smith"
*The body of the email:
For example: I want a gift sent on Wednesday & Friday & Bid Day.
*On Wednesday send a gift card to 'The Blue Lark' for $25.00
*On Friday send an Agava Nectar Body Oil and a cute pair of earrings.
*On Bid Day send a frame & a pillow.
*Below each days gift let us know what you want the enclosure card to say.
*List your daughter's address, dorm name, & mobile number.
*List your name, and your mobile number & Billing address.
*After everything is organized and put together we will call you within a few hours to receive your billing information if you did not submit a shopping account form.
There is NO FORMULA. Everybody does it differently.
Suggestions, Pictures, & Prices of items can be found in the photo album "RUSH HAPPIES"
3. Or simply call us at (662)-801-9432. We will walk you through the whole process.
Other important misc information:
- We will begin putting gifts together the Sunday prior to RUSH beginning, September 16th. And begin deliveries as early as you want and ALL throughout RUSH Week.
- BID DAY~According to the Panhellenic Office at Ole Miss, bids will be issued at approximately 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, September 23rd. Immediately following that-Panhellenic sends local businesses the bid list. At that time we will immediately fill all of our pre-ordered bid day baskets.
- Our Greek items are first come first serve and are very limited.
- We welcome your calls, texts and emails on Bid day to confirm her sorority.
- Listen carefully to the sorority she pledged. When you call or email you'll be asked her full name and to list each Greek letter (Kappa Alpha Theta), not just the sorority nickname (Theta). If there is any chance your daughter does NOT accept a Bid from the list we are given by Panhellenic-PLEASE notify us as soon as possible!
- There is a $4.00 delivery fee on each gift delivered!!
- We will be open on Bid Day from 10:00am until appx 4:00pm. No greek items will be sold until all pre ordered bid day baskets are filled. Sorry =(
- Gifts are "Exchangeable" within 7 days of receipt. Gift cards make GREAT gifts!
- Don't forget to inquire about our Fall Gift Plans NOW available.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
1. When will my daughter know about her sorority bid?
According to the Panhellenic Office at Ole Miss, bids will be issued at approximately 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, September 23rd. Immediately following that-Panhellenic sends local businesses the bid list.
2. How do I order BEFORE Rush starts?
See details above.
3. Can I order by phone? How does that work?
We love to talk with our customers on the phone! You are welcome to call us.
The best # to reach us is (662)801-9432
We will need to know all the details listed above!
Including her name, her address and phone number, and your information if this is your first order. You need your credit card number on hand and plan what you'd like to say on the enclosure card.
4. What do I do if I keep getting your voice mail?
Please leave a detailed message with your telephone number and speak slowly! Our phones are jammed during RUSH week, but we will get back to you as promptly as we can!
5. Where will you delivering her package? Will you deliver off campus?
DURING RUSH WEEK: Packages DURING RUSH week for Ole Miss residence halls will be delivered starting approximately Monday September 17th. It is perfectly fine for your daughter to ask the front desk staff if she has a package at the front desk of her dorm. We will do our best to have deliveries made by 6:00pm every day.
BID DAY: All packages to be delivered on Bid day, will be delivered to the houses. Unless you suggest otherwise. We suggest you check our Facebook page to see where we are in the delivery process. This is the most effective way we can communicate to the most amount of people!
Off campus deliveries will be made on Monday after 10:00 a.m. We will call to coordinate delivery with your daughter if she lives off campus.
What is the Fall Gift Plan?
Outside of doing Rush Baskets, we put together a package plan for your daughter throughout the entire semester.
A few ideas:
An "Ole Missing" You -Basic Care Package
"Bee Good to Yourself"-Get well Package
Happy Birthday, Baby!-Birthday Package
Finals, Initiation, or JUST BECAUSE!!
It's really simple. You tell us what package you want. We will will help you put together a basket full of items that we know she'll love. And we will deliver! It's that simple. See Fall Gift Plan Note for more specific details & instructions!
Thank you sooo much for your business! We are honored to share in this day with your loved one!
xoxo, the blue lark girls